Agencies and marketing professionals have the unique opportunity to become certified by Google to manage AdWords advertising accounts in a program called Google Partners. It’s easy, so anyone can do it, right? Not so fast, my friend…
First we’ll run through the qualifications and then go over some of the benefits potential advertisers get when working with an official Google Partner.
To even be considered for Google Partner status, there are certain qualifications a marketing company must meet.
- Spend performance requirement
- AdWords skill and expertise
- Continued / sustained campaign growth
- Demonstrate best practices
- Pass yearly certification exams
Ultimately, I believe, Google made this program to give people peace of mind. When you go with a marketing agency that has been qualified by Google, you can rest assured that you are working with someone who has product knowledge and a successful track record. Plus there is the promise of continual training to keep them in the know.
When you work with a Google Partner, you are getting a marketing company who has access to:
- The Google Agency Team – which provides strategic support in building and optimizing campaigns, as well as direct contact with Google and their experts!
- Events, training, industry research, and the Google Partners Community.
- AdWords promotional offers for prospective clients.
- Beta features that Google is developing.
- Knowledge of product updates and changes – sometimes before they’re made public.
There are also specialization certifications for the different types of advertising, whether it’s PPC Search Network, CPM Display Network , Shopping or Video advertising — so check and see what your potential Google Partner excels in to see if it fits your business goals.
Why You Should Work with a Google Partner
You’ll be working with a company that has not only proven to Google their proficiency in using AdWords, but is well versed in all the features AdWords has to offer. The Partner badge is far from easy to obtain, so you can feel confident the company you’ve chosen to entrust your budget with is able to manage your ad campaigns productively.
So, perhaps the question should be – why wouldn’t you choose a certified Google Partner to manage your ad campaigns?